Is your Santa Suit ready?
Are your boots all polished?
Got your Toys For Tots at hand?
This coming Saturday, December 10, 2011 – is the New York City Santa Con.
Last year this time, I came upon Santas all over the city.
I saw Santas in the subway.
I saw Santas on the street corners.
I saw Santas entering Pig ‘n’ Whstle.
I didn’t know what the heck was going on!
Finally, I asked a group of jolly Santas: “What’s it all about, Santas?”
And I was told about the 2010 Santa Con – a Pub Crawl across New York City for charity.
“Hm. This sounds like fun,” thought I.
“And with some mighty fine Kodak moments!”
So, I am looking very much forward to it this year. At least just to skulk around with my camera, if nothing else…
From their website (The start point will be announced on this site the evening of Friday, December 9th) here are some rules:
* Don ye now your gay apparel. Simply wearing a Santa hat is not acceptable.
* Spread XXXmas Cheer. Santa gives gifts, so bring something to share!
* Leave Milk and Cookies. Please bring at least two non-perishable items, and patronize the bars that have chosen to donate a portion of their Santacon proceeds to Toys For Tots.
* No Grinches or Scrooges allowed! How to be a good Santa:
- Fill your Metrocard. You will need one with at least 4 rides on it.
- Obey the law. Even open container laws. Even traffic laws.
- Pace yourself. Santa is jolly, not sloppy.
- Tip your bartenders or rot in Santa’s douchebag hell for all eternity.
- Bring cash. Bar stops are too crowded to run a tab.
- Break in your boots. When the sleigh breaks down, Santa walks. A lot.
- Donate food. Bring at least two non-perishable items to the start point.
Join the fun! There will be billions of jolly Santas all over the city!
And, if you can’t make it to the New York City Santa Con 2011, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t donate to Toys For Tots, anyway.